Tools to Track & Improve Your Screening Rates
The Screening Activity Report (SAR)
The Screening Activity Report (SAR) is a supplementary tool for primary care physicians who practice as part of a patient enrolment model (PEM). It can help you and other physicians improve your cancer screening rates and appropriate follow-up for breast, cervical and colorectal cancers.
As the SAR is interactive, you can use it to quickly find specific cancer screening information for each patient and to better understand Cancer Care Ontario’s cancer screening guidelines.
Register for eHealth Ontario’s ONE ID to begin receiving your SAR:
To register for your ONE ID:
- Contact the Central Regional Cancer Program’s Prevention and Screening Team at this email or call 905-895-4521, ext. 6065, for help
- Alternatively, send your registration request to this eHealth Ontario’s ONE ID email, with your name and College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO) number
Already registered but not logged in or forget your password?
- Visit Cancer Care Ontario’s SAR page
- Contact the Cancer Screening Contact Centre at 1-866-662-9233 (Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.) OR
- Send an email to screen4life.
If you require additional assistance with an existing ONE ID account, email eHealth Ontario’s Service Desk or call 1-866-250-1554.
Physician-Linked Correspondence (PLC)
Physicians play a crucial role in cancer care and influencing their patients to participate in cancer screening. Cancer screening letters that are sent to a patient and reference their family physician are a key way to encourage people to get screened.
Cancer Care Ontario (CCO) offers physician-linked correspondence (PLC) for colorectal cancer screening to all PEM physicians in Ontario. PLC includes physicians’ names in their rostered patients’ cancer screening letters.
This initiative supports better patient care, can reduce administrative burden and help you achieve preventive care bonuses. It has begun with colorectal cancer and will expand to breast cancer, as well as cervical cancer screening in the future.
Enrol in PLC to Have Letters Sent to Your Patients:
If you are a physician, you must provide your consent to enrol in PLC. Once enrolled, your screen-eligible patients will receive a CCO invitation, recall and reminder letters that include your name.
Once you complete a consent form, you will automatically be enrolled when PLC expands to breast cancer and cervical cancer screening.
To enrol in PLC, complete this consent form and submit it by –
- Fax to 1-866-682-9534
- Email to Screen for Life or
- Mail to Cancer Screening Contact Centre
Cancer Care Ontario
18-505 University Ave.
Toronto, ON M5G 1X3