Research shows that we can prevent or detect about 50 per cent of all cancers before they become a serious health threat. It’s also estimated that one in two people will get cancer in their lifetime and one in four will unfortunately die from it. But it doesn’t have to be that way.
Your Actions Can Make a Difference to Your Health
How We Help
The Prevention and Screening Team within the Central Regional Cancer Program (CRCP) aims to increase cancer prevention practices and participation in Ontario’s breast, cervical and colon (colorectal or bowel) screening programs.
Our work includes:
- Running education and awareness campaigns
- Partnering with our communities to deliver free seminars and workshops, as well as support local programs/partners
- Leading the smoking cessation (quit smoking) initiative for the CRCP
- Overseeing Ontario Breast Screening Program (OBSP) screening sites, breast assessment and high-risk breast cancer screening sites across the region
- Collaborating with family physicians and other healthcare providers on quality improvement projects for their practices
Select and click/tap the images displayed below to learn how you can: help prevent cancer, find help to quit smoking, get screened for various types of cancer, book a presentation on prevention & screening and more.